Date: Saturday, August 8, 12 PM – 6:30PM EST and Sunday, August 9, 4PM – 6PM EST
Who: 7-12 Graders only
Register here! (50 seats available)
Learn how to build beats, code in Python, and remix your own original music tracks. Students will get 1-to-1 coaching from professional music producers, singers, songwriters, and hip hop artists and have the chance to have their tracks featured in a live set by DJ Seige.
On Saturday, August 8 (12:00PM – 6:30pm Eastern Time; 9:00AM – 3:30PM Pacific Time) students will participate in interactive, virtual workshops where they will learn how to:
- create beats with a digital audio workstation.
- code in Python (beginner and advanced levels).
- remix music tracks like professional music producers.
- collaborate with other students, producers, musicians, artists, and engineers.
- produce and launch your own original music track.
Workshops led by professionals in the music and tech industries include:
- Keynote by hip-hop journalist, podcaster, and producer Manny Faces (Center for Hip Hop Advocacy and US NewsBeat)
- Professional music producers like Rich Nice (Sway in the Morning, produced hit records with 2Chainz, Fast & Furious Franchise, Mary J. Blige, Nas, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G)
- Songwriter + Broadway Star from Hamilton, Syndee Winters
- Professional singers, songwriters, freestyle rappers, and hip hop artists
- Coding coaches from Google
- Beat making coaches from Building Beats
On Sunday, August 9th (4:00PM – 6:00PM Eastern Time; 1:00PM-3:30PM Pacific Time), we will have a virtual DJ party with DJ Siege who will remix students’ music tracks live.
If you have any questions, please contact Richard Achée.